RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station
RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station
But how do you choose the best intercom system for your business? There are many factors to consider, such as the type of intercom system (wired or wireless), the number of stations you need, the features you want, and the budget you have.
In this blog post, we will review one of the products that can help you build a reliable and flexible intercom system for your business: the RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station. We will explain what it is, how it works, and what benefits it offers.
What is RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station?
The RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station is a component of an intercom system that allows you to connect up to four stations (such as speakers or microphones) to a controller unit. The controller unit is the main hub of the intercom system that manages all the communication and access functions.
The RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station is compatible with the RDM D2470 Controller Unit , which can support up to six I/O cards and 24 stations in total. The controller unit also has a built-in power supply that can power up all the connected stations.
The RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station is designed for easy installation and configuration. It has plug-and-play connectors that allow you to connect each station with a single cable. It also has LED indicators that show the status of each station (such as busy or idle).
How does RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station work in an intercom system?
The RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station works in conjunction with other components of an intercom system to enable two-way communication between different locations.
For example, let's say you have a business with four offices in different floors of a building. You want to install an intercom system that allows each office to communicate with each other and with visitors at the main entrance.
To do this, you will need:
- One RDM D2470 Controller Unit
- One RDM D2475 Station Selector with gooseneck microphone
- Four RDM D2400 Series Microphones
- One RDM D2470 Power Supply Intercom
- One RDM D2470 I/O Card, 4 Station
You will install one microphone in each office and connect it to one port of the I/O card using a single cable. You will install the station selector at a convenient location (such as near your reception desk) and connect it to another port of the I/O card using another cable. You will install the controller unit at a secure location (such as inside a closet) and connect it to both power supply units using two more cables.
Now your intercom system is ready to use. Here's how it works:
- When a visitor arrives at your main entrance door or gate, they can press a button on their side of the door entry reader equipped with camera to alert the station selector inside.
- The station selector will ring and display the image of the visitor on its screen. You can view the image on the screen and talk to the visitor using the gooseneck microphone. You can also select which office(s) you want to call using the buttons on the station selector.
- When you select an office, the corresponding microphone in that office will ring and flash its LED indicator. The person in that office can answer the call by pressing a button on their microphone.
They can then talk to both you and the visitor using their microphone. You can also switch between offices by pressing different buttons on the station selector.